When you book a hunt, your reputation, money, time, safety and hunting dreams are on the line. It usually goes well, but when it goes badly, it can be catastrophic. I’ve heard it all and that’s why I chose to begin a “Quest for the 100 Best” to share with you, my fellow hunter. We’re not there yet because each Craig Boddington Endorsed Outfitter is vetted with a visit and that takes time. We’re in no hurry. But with 600 species offered, there’s no reason for you to risk catastrophe.
1) REPUTATION: “Cecil.” Need I say more? What happened with Cecil the Lion was more of a public relations disaster than an ethics issue but none of us want to go through what that hunter experienced. My endorsed outfitters are seasoned and have impeccable reputations they want to protect as much as yours. They think before they act.
2) MONEY: My endorsed outfitter program isn’t designed to get you the least expensive hunt. There are other websites for that. Craig Boddington Endorsed Outfitters is designed to make sure you get a great hunt. Our outfitters charge what they need to charge to give you an experience they can be proud of and you’ll remember fondly. I’m sure the last time you purchased a vehicle you didn’t buy the cheapest one you could find on Craigslist.
3) TIME: Isn’t this the most precious commodity of all? How many years in a row can you repeat a hunt trying to get it right? I’ve heard the repeat hunt story too many times: “You can come back next year! No charge!” Sure, this happens from time to time with the best outfitters but there are some that consider this Standard Operating Procedure.
4) SAFETY: The things I’ve seen! Getting lost. Snow machines breaking through ice. Young guns runnin’ and gunnin’ with no accounting for your skill level, age or fitness level. When your spouse asks you about your safety on the hunt you’re discussing you’ll be able to answer confidently and honestly that you’ll be looked after with a CBEO member.
5) HUNTING DREAMS: Isn’t this what it is all about? Returning home with your trophies in the salt, your spirit uplifted, and fond memories of new friends? The stories you’ll tell and the photos you’ll share when you return from a properly executed hunt will last your lifetime. Do it right.