Jamy Traut is a well-know and respected outfitter based in Namibia. Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris is a family-run operation dedicated to providing a small number of clients with an unequaled opportunity to hunt Africa's great game. With a variety of areas available in Namibia, Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris offers a great diversity in hunting and tourism throughout Namibia.
One of Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris’ goals is to always give our clients a unique, unforgettable experience to last a lifetime. Guests will be accommodated in comfortable African decorated en-suite rooms.
One of Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris’ goals is to always give our clients a unique, unforgettable experience to last a lifetime. Guests will be accommodated in comfortable African decorated en-suite rooms. Modern amenities are provided in all our camps which includes, but not limited to, electricity, hot and cold running water, showers, flushing toilets and a daily laundry service. Highly trained camp staff will attend to all your needs and ensure that you don’t have to lift a finger. We have highly qualified, experienced and certified professional hunters that will guide the hunters on safaris. We will spoil your taste buds with astonishing homemade Namibian specialties and a selection of fine South African wines that will complement the mouthwatering cuisines, with a range from wild game meat to locally caught fish. Campfires and barbecues will light up the evening and give you that true African experience.
1. Luxury Tented Camp: The newly built luxury tented camp at Waterberg Plateau Park is the flagship camp and offers a plush safari experience.
2. Guest Tents: There are 5 guest tents at the camp, which blend almost perfectly into the rugged environment and surroundings.
3. Furnished Chalets: The guest tents are furnished with high-end furniture to provide comfort and style during the stay.
4. Modern Amenities: The camp provides modern amenities, including electricity, hot and cold running water, showers, flushing toilets, and a daily laundry service.
5. Highly Trained Camp Staff: The camp has a team of highly trained staff to attend to all guests' needs and ensure a comfortable stay.
1. Comfortable en-suite rooms
3. Hot and cold running water
5. Flushing toilets
6. Daily laundry service
7. Highly trained camp staff
8. Homemade Namibian specialties
9. Selection of fine South African wines
Hunting seasons are which time of the year you will find which species to hunt.
Some more information here about why hunting seasons are important to consider before choosing your next hunting experience.
1. Passport requirements: Check the expiration date and have at least one blank page.
2. Visa requirement: Only a passport is required for US and Canadian hunters traveling to Namibia.
3. Arrival and meeting point: All international flights start and end in Windhoek. Hunters will be met by their professional hunter at Hosea Kutako International Airport.
4. Travel to hunting camp: Depending on the safari type, travel to camp may take 30 minutes to 5 hours.
5. Accommodation arrangements: Accommodation in Windhoek will be arranged by the safari company if needed.
6. Communication: Cellular reception is available but may be limited in some areas. Wifi is available in specific camps.
7. Trophy preparation and transport: The safari company is responsible for proper field preparation of trophies and transport to a local taxidermist.
8. Wildlife management: The company aims to offer superior quality trophy animals, and quotas are determined annually in each area.
9. Accepting professional hunter decisions: Hunters are asked to accept the decisions of their professional hunter to collect or reject trophies.
10. Firearms and ammunition: Recommendations for bringing firearms, the number of rounds allowed, and airline regulations.
11. Baggage limitations: Each client is limited to 44 pounds (20 kg) of baggage on charter planes. Soft bags are required.
12. Packing essentials: A list of essential items to pack for the African safari, including hunting gear, personal items, and health-related items.
13. Accommodation details: Description of the comfortable en-suite rooms and amenities provided at the camps, as well as the dining options.
14. Electricity: The camps use a 220V electrical power supply, and converters may be necessary.