Björn has more than 40 years of hunting experience. We hold Ethics, Honesty and Integrity in high regard and strive to deal with each client on a personal and individual basis.
Successive presidents of Safari Club International have chosen The Icelandic Hunting Club as their hunting destination. Craig Boddington, the famous American hunting writer, has hunted with Björn Birgisson and The Icelandic Hunting Club, both in Iceland and Greenland, and makes numerous references to these hunts in his articles.
We have invested our time, effort and the financial resources necessary, to develop an outstanding and diverse array of hunting packages in Iceland and Greenland.
Hotels, cabins and wall tents in various locations. Always good quality and heated accommodations.
1. Comfortable hunting lodges in Iceland (except for hunting seabirds, where a first-class hotel in Akureyri is used).
2. Heated cabins and heated wall tents in Greenland camps.
Hunting seasons are which time of the year you will find which species to hunt.
Some more information here about why hunting seasons are important to consider before choosing your next hunting experience.
1. Documents required: Passport, local gun license, and hunting license.
2. Timely submission of information is necessary to obtain weapon and hunting licenses for Iceland and/or Greenland.
3. Experienced and safe professional guides are provided, catering to the ability of each individual hunter.
4. Accommodation in comfortable hunting lodges in Iceland and heated cabins and tents in Greenland.
5. Catering to personal food preferences, including cooking wild game when possible.
6. Inclusions: Visa, hunting license, gun license, transport, professional guides, equipment (excluding clothing and firearms), full board and lodging.
7. Exclusions: Ammunition, alcoholic beverages, excess luggage on domestic and Greenland flights, packing and shipping of trophies, extra days in Reykjavik, international flights, transfers in Reykjavik and KEF.
8. Payment: 50% deposit to confirm booking, final 50% due 90 days before the hunt, generally non-refundable deposit unless a replacement hunter is found.
9. Insurance: Recommended baggage and trip cancellation insurance. Client's responsibility to purchase accident, hospitalization, or death insurance. The Icelandic Hunting Club is not responsible for accidents or injuries during the hunt.