Carl van Zyl and his team at John X Safaris are a real class act! They're a second generation outfit based in the East Cape, South Africa, specializing in both plains and dangerous game, with a superb Cape Buffalo hunt at their base Woodlands Safari Estate. Depending on the game you're looking for, you can hunt from the coastal forests along the Indian Ocean to the unsurpassed beauty of the Great Karoo, and the breath-taking mountains of the north, covering more than 35 species across the entire Eastern Cape. This Malaria Free area offers a diverse combination of landscapes, vegetation and wildlife, together making it a unique hunting destination for the safari enthusiast to Africa. Carl was my choice when I took my daughter Caroline on her first safari, and thereafter many more have joined me, and what a great choice it has been!
Our accomdations vary from personalized comfortable safari-style rustic camps in the north, with a luxurious Safari Manor on our 30 000 acre family owned concession, Woodlands Safari Estate in the south. Both hunters and observers can look forward to being spoiled the African way and enjoy some of the best local cuisine on the African Continent.
Hunting seasons are which time of the year you will find which species to hunt.
Some more information here about why hunting seasons are important to consider before choosing your next hunting experience.
1. Hunting with John X Safaris is more than just a hunt - It’s the total safari experience.
2. It is a journey of discovery, a wakening of the senses, and the realization of the dream of hunting Africa.
3. They cater to different types of hunts, whether it's your first trip to Africa, hunting the big five, or choosing from forty different plains game species.
4. The base and home of John X Safaris is the Eastern Cape of South Africa, offering a diverse combination of landscapes, vegetation, and wildlife in a Malaria Free area.
5. They also conduct hunts in further locations, such as Mozambique's Zambezi Delta, Zambia's Luangwa Valley, Cameroon's savannah, Congo's rainforests, Ethiopia's Rift Valley, Tanzania's Masailand, Botswana, and Namibia's Kalahari Desert.
6. They offer specialized hunts for various species in these different locations, including Elephant and world-class Leopard/Lion over bait.
7. John X Safaris has over three decades of experience in the safari industry, providing a sense of security and trust for hunters.
8. All hunters are welcome, regardless of age, physical condition, or hunting capabilities.